Group C at the League of Legends World Championship 2015 features the following teams: SK Telecom, H2K, Edward Gaming and Bangkok Titans. The 4 LoL teams in Group C come from the followig leagues and regions: SK Telecom – LCK (South Korea), H2K – EU LCS (Europe), Edward Gaming – LPL (China) and the Bangkok Titans from Thailand who qualified through the IWC tournament in Turkey. Each team has to play a total of 6 matches, before the top 2 teams at the end of the Group Stage advance to the Knockout Stage of the 2015 League of Legends World Championship. Group C is active on October 1st, 2nd and 3rd for the first round. The complete second round is running on October 9th 2015.
Click here for:
Match Schedule Group C | Results
|GROUP C – Standings|
|2.|| Edward Gaming
|view all Group Standings|
Past Matches and Results:
SK Telecom won Group C without loosing one single match. EDG placed second advancing to the Knockout Stage too. H2K and the Bangkok Titans were eliminated from the World Championship.
Group C – Final Day – Friday – October, 9th:
SK Telecom vs. Edward Gaming 1 : 0
(Oct. 9th, 05:00 PDT/ 08:00 EDT/ 14:00 CEST/ 21:00 KST)
Bangkok Titans vs. H2K 0 : 1
(Oct. 9th, 06:00 PDT/ 09:00 EDT/ 15:00 CEST/ 22:00 KST)
Bangkok Titans vs. Edward Gaming 0 : 1
(Oct. 9th, 07:00 PDT/ 10:00 EDT/ 16:00 CEST/ 23:00 KST)
H2K vs. SK Telecom 0 : 1
(Oct. 9th, 08:00 PDT/ 11:00 EDT/ 17:00 CEST/ 24:00 KST)
Edward Gaming vs. H2K 1 : 0
(Oct. 9th, 09:00 PDT/ 12:00 EDT/ 18:00 CEST/ 01:00 KST)
SK Telecom vs. Bangkok Titans 1 : 0
(Oct. 9th, 10:00 PDT/ 13:00 EDT/ 19:00 CEST/ 02:00 KST)
>>> Final Day Group C – results and odds comparison
>>> view full Group Stage Schedule
Group C – Day 1 – Thursday – October, 1st:
SK Telecom vs. H2K 1 : 0
(Oct. 1st, 09:30 PDT/ 12:30 EDT/ 18:30 CEST/ 01:30 KST)
Edward Gaming vs. Bangkok Titans 1 : 0
(Oct. 1st, 10:30 PDT/ 13:30 EDT/ 19:30 CEST/ 02:30 KST)
>> Worlds Day 1 – all Results
Group C – Day 2 – Friday – October, 2nd:
Bangkok Titans vs. SK Telecom 0 : 1
(Oct. 2nd, 09:00 PDT/ 12:00 EDT/ 18:00 CEST/ 01:00 KST)
H2K vs. Edward Gaming 0 : 1
(Oct. 2nd, 10:00 PDT/ 13:00 EDT/ 19:00 CEST/ 02:00 KST)
>> Worlds Day 2 – all Results
Group C Day 3 – Saturday – October, 3rd:
Edward Gaming vs. SK Telecom 0 : 1
(Oct. 3rd, 05:00 PDT/ 08:00 EDT/ 14:00 CEST/ 21:00 KST)
H2K vs. Bangkok Titans 1 : 0
(Oct. 3rd, 06:00 PDT/ 09:00 EDT/ 15:00 CEST/ 22:00 KST)
>> Worlds Day 3 – all Results
You know who will win?
Wanna take a look at the curret odds?
Check out the upcoming matches and betting odds overview
Teams Group C | LoL Worlds 2015
As the rest of the teams from other groups try their best to get out of the Group Stage, Group C is in fact what we call as the Inevitable Group. Group C has two of the best team in the world right now with SKT and EDG. How will the other teams fare now that two of the best teams are in their group? Find out how.
SK Telecom | LCK (South Korea)
- Winner LCK Summer Playoffs
- SK Telecom current Roster:
- Top Lane: Kyung-hwan “Marin” Jang | South Korea
- Jungle: Seong-Woong “Bengi” Bae | South Korea
- Mid Lane: Sang-hyuk “Faker” Lee | South Korea
- Marksman (ADC): Jun-sik “Bang” Bae | South Korea
- Support: Jae-wan “Wolf” Lee | South Korea
- Mid Lane (Sub): Ji-hoon “EasyHoon” Lee | South Korea
- Read more about SK Telecom
By the end of the Worlds Championship last year, people were clamoring for SKT to return to their form after a disappointing season 4 run. Korean players soon left their teams and head down to China to take a chance at a much larger ambition. This was a great loss for some of the organizations that supported the Korean League of Legends but not for SKT. In fact, SKT had the best possible outcome for such an exodus of players from the country. Not only did it force SKT to gather the best players from two of their squads, it left them with no possible challengers in the rankings. By then, SKT started rebuilding their team as Marin and Bang joined the team. Impact and Piglet left to join the NA LCS. The Spring Split of the LCK provided the perfect training ground for the new SKT to hone their skills and the team synergy. During the Midseason Invitationals, they tried to prove that they were the top of the pack by taking on EDG – China's best team at the time but failed at the last minute. EDG won the game with a 3-2 score. This did not severely impact SKT's chances during the Summer Split but instead, it inspired them to train harder. Now, SKT has scorched through the rankings. With their inevitable return to the Worlds Stage, SKT will surely dominate this group and get out of the group stage.
- Most Championship Points EU LCS Season 5 | 2015
- H2K current Roster:
- Top Lane: Andrei “Odoamne” Pascu | Romania
- Jungle: Jean-Victor “loulex” Burgevin | France
- Mid Lane: Ryu “Ryu” Sang-ook | South Korea
- Marksman (ADC): Petter “Hjärnan”Freyschuss | Sweden
- Support: Raymond “kaSing” Tsang | UK
- Jungle (Sub): Joachim “BetongJocke” Rasmussen | Sweden
- read more about H2K
The European team which consists of Faker's midlane rival came to this group due to the second seed spot at the EU LCS. Ryu, who was formerly known as Faker's rival in the midlane during their first run in the LCK or OGN has been one of the brighter spots of this team. One can watch the duel between Ryu and Faker's Zed over and over and realize what happened to the Ryu back then. In fact, he will be the sole reason as to why H2K has a slight chance of getting out of the group stage. Aside from that, there is nothing else that H2K can do agains the Korean and Chinese powerhouse team in this group.
Edward Gaming | LPL (China)
- Winner LPL Regional Qualifiers
- Edward Gaming current Roster:
- Top Lane: Tong “Koro1” Yang | China
- Jungle: Ming “Clearlove” Kai | China
- Mid Lane: Won-seok “PawN” Heo | South Korea
- Marksman (ADC): Hyuk-kyu “Deft” Kim | South Korea
- Support: Tian “Meiko” Ye | China
- Top (Sub): Waiho “AmazingJ” Shek | China
- read more about Edward Gaming
EDG came out strong in the Spring Split with the acquisition of Deft and Pawn from the previous Worlds Champions team. They destroyed almost all of the teams that they faced during the Spring Split and even the resurging SKT was left cowering in a 3-2 match during the Midseason Invitationals. As the Summer Split rolled in, they began to flounder around and was knocked out of the Semifinals. They soon regained the second seed during the Regionals but that is not enough for them to get to the top spot and be free from facing their toughest rival at the Group Stage. EDG would somehow love to see SKT in action first before they get to meet them in the quarterfinals. Nevertheless, this group is an easy ride for the Chinese powerhouse.
Bangkok Titans | IWC Turkey (Thailand)
- Winner: Wildcard Qualifier Turkey
- Bangkok Titans current Roster:
- Top Lane: Pawat “WarL0cK” Ampaporn | Thailand
- Jungle: Chayut “007x” Suebka | Thailand
- Mid Lane: Nuttapong “G4” Menkasikan | Thailand
- Marksman (ADC):Juckkirsts ”Lloyd” Kongubon | Thailand
- Support: Sorawat ”Moss” Boonphrom | Thailand
- Top (Sub): Nuttapong “QaiZer” Dechtanon | Thailand
When you look at BKT's history in the GPL, one would think what happened to the team and how were they able to come to the Worlds Stage? The reason behind this is when the Taiwanese teams left for the LMS, only a few teams were left that would get in their way. BKT soon realized this and discovered a few talents in the region and gathered them to create a super team. By then, they soared through GPL and destroyed one of their rivals in Saigon Jokers and a few other teams in the region. As the regional qualifiers neared, it was clearly known that the Bangkok Titans were the sole team that can come out of the region. However, even with the hype that surrounds the team it will be a miracle for them beat SKT or even EDG to come out of the groups stage.
Preview – Predictions LoL Worlds Group C
- SKT – No need for an explanation on who gets to the top spot as it is already a given that SKT is bound to make it out of the Groups Stage.
- EDG – No other team in the group can provide any form of road block for SKT aside from EDG. With their sudden resurgence in the Regionals and their history against SKT, they have the ability to take a game or two away from SKT but they need to work hard to top them in this group.
- H2K/BKT – Unfortunately for both teams, they will suffer the defeat from two of the best teams in the world.
About the Author:
Predictions by Farley „fawli86“ Ong, long-time LoL fan from the Philippines. Contact Farley on Google+!