Starcraft is an RTS game that was developed by Blizzard Entertainment. It became popular quickly and players all around the world wanted to be the best. Esports tournaments were held (but they were nothing like the ones we have today), and the number of players grew as well. In time, Blizzard would release Starcraft 2. This happened in 2010; and it was glorious.
During the first 48 hours after release, Blizzard sold more than 1.5 million copies of the game. The first three months were the most profitable; an impressive 3 million copies sold. The game also features its own Esports League that is divided into 7 categories (bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, champions, and grandmaster leagues).
2013 featured the release of a DLC; “Heart of the Swarm” which focused on the Zerg faction. Many Esports enthusiasts were waiting for it because the potential was massive. However, this wasn’t enough to keep the game at the peak of Esports and it slowly started to fade. Nowadays, Starcraft 2 still has tournaments and it’s a novel game; one where hardcore fans enjoy both playing and watching.
eSports Betting Overview for Starcraft 2
- We'll be talking about the potential of Starcraft 2 Esports betting as well as showing you what betting options are available among the selected bookmakers
- These couple of bookmakers offer tournament, league, single game, and special bets for Starcraft 2 (e.g. team x wins at least 1 match)
- Bet365 and Arcanebet are the bookies that offer the most interesting and attractive Esports bets on Starcraft 2
Starcraft 2 Esports Betting on Mega-Tournaments and League Games
Just because Starcraft 2 isn’t the most popular Esports game out there anymore doesn’t mean there aren’t any tournaments. Similarly to Dota 2 and League of Legends, Starcraft 2 is also present in the Esports betting community. Esports bookies prepare odds in advance so you have time to place your favorite bets. When the competitive season starts, you’ll be able to bet on tournaments such as IEM and Global Starcraft 2 League. If you’re interested in watching Starcraft 2 games, be sure to tune in to some livestreams (which are readily available for tournaments). These mainly get hosted on Twitch (which you can use even without an account).
SC – Starleague
SCII – GSL Season 1
SCII – IEM Katowice Quals
Start Times shown in: GMT or GMT +1 during Summer Time
Betting Odds presented by bet365. The listed odds are intended as a guide only and are subject to change. Please check current Starcraft 2 odds on the bet365 website before placing any bets. Read more about esports betting at Bet365
Best 3 Bookmakers for SC2 Esports Betting 2019
These three Esports bookmakers generally have the best odds for SC2 tournaments. They offer amazing customer support as well as a wide variety of payment methods. If you're looking for the best places to start Esports betting on Starcraft 2, you've come to the right place. Selecting any of the three presented will keep your betting needs satisfied!
In the meantime, check out our Esports betting academy guide about some phrases in Esports betting that you should know.
The Goal of Starcraft 2
The main purpose of the game is to lead your faction to victory. This is done by building your base, expanding it, building units, attacking and destroying your enemies… All the while you try to keep your base safe from enemy attacks.
Resource collection is crucial and if you fall behind just a little bit, It gets much easier for your opponent to win. Every unit is unique in terms of health, abilities, damage, and support. Units can be upgraded in various ways. The game features plenty of different maps and some tactical know-how is required to be considered a good player. Overall, the tactical aspect is great which is why Starcraft 2 is so loved.
Starcraft 2 Betting Types
- Winning Bet: These bets are the usual bunch. All you have to do is select the winner of your choice and place a bet. There are no specialties here or too much thinking required – it's either A, B, and sometimes C! This betting type is perfect for Esports betting beginners that are just looking to get into the game. Doesn’t take a lot of preparation either which is why it’s so popular amongst Esports bettors.
- Handicap Betting: Handicap betting is an interesting type of bet that is recommended only for experienced Esports bettors. The way it works is simple – your winning bet is automatically moved for the next bet (used up) so if you win again, your winnings are multiplied. Handicap betting is risky and can be pretty tough to get right, but if you do, you’ll win a lot! This is one of the reasons why beginners don’t usually meddle with such betting types.
- Starcraft 2 might not be the top Esports game anymore but it has helped pave the path to the Esports of today. For a couple of years, it was the go-2 game if you wanted to become a professional gamer. Nowadays, it’s more of a sign of what once was. In any case, Starcraft 2 deserves a spot amongst the greats due to its contribution to the Esports competitive scene.
Top 5 bookmakers comparison table
League of Legends