You might have encountered Rocket League gameplay sometime in the past 2 years. It’s a fun game with a unique mechanic behind it. The game has been released in 2015 for PC and the PS4 (with Xbox One, Linux, and OS X coming out a bit later). 2017 saw the first port for the Nintendo Switch. All in all, that’s 6 platforms on which the game is available! Rocket League also allows cross-play between platforms. The game uses Unreal Engine 3 and works flawlessly. Rocket League is a global game which comes in a variety of different languages such as Japanese, Turkish, Russian, and Korean. 2018 saw the first appearance of a Rocket Pass; the new way to engage with gamers, and of course, we can't forget about the eSports Betting for Rocket League.
The most important aspect in the eSports betting in Rocket League
- In this review, we’ll be looking at the potential that Rocket League Esports betting can bring and show you what betting options are available with the bookmakers
- The Esports bookmakers for Rocket League offer various different betting types, all of which will be mentioned in this article (as well as some betting tips!)
- Bet365 and Arcanebet currently have the best bets on Rocket League
Rocket League Esports Betting on League Games and Mega-Tournaments
Even though Rocket League is loved by fans around the world, the Esports scene is slightly barren. The prize pools usually aren’t large (rarely going over $100,000 in prize money) and out of the available tournaments, only a couple of them are considered ‘major-tier’. The reason for this is that no organizers made the risk of creating something larger than what’s already available. Maybe in 2019 and further years this will change and we’ll see a huge tournament with more prize pool money but until then, let’s focus on the now:
- Major Tier: Renegade Cup NA
- Major Tier: Renegade Cup EU
- Gfinity United Kingdom Elite Series
These are the best tournaments to look out for if you want to tune in on the action. Games are incredibly interesting and there’s usually a professional team of casters and hosts following up on the action. Live streams are available on Twitch so all you have to do is be there on time!
Rocket League – ESL Masters España
Rocket League – Japan Series
|Justice Esports Zero||1.14||HANAGUMI TENKYU||5.00|
Rocket League – RBSL
|Nordavind||1.40||Team Echo Zulu||2.75|
Rocket League – TCS eSports League
|Servette Geneva||1.44||Lausanne eSports||2.62|
Start Times shown in: GMT or GMT +1 during Summer Time
Betting Odds presented by bet365. The listed odds are intended as a guide only and are subject to change. Please check current Rocket League odds on the bet365 website before placing any bets. Read more about esports betting at Bet365
Top 3 Esports Bookmakers for Rocket League Esports Betting 2019
The 3 Esports bookmakers we’ll be mentioning here are bet365, betway, and pinnacle. They have been rated highly using a system to determine the best bookies in terms of customer satisfaction, customer support, payment method variety, best odds, and betting type availability. And since Rocket League is a huge player in the Esports scene, you’ll want only the best Rocket League bookmakers for Esports betting. You can’t go wrong with any of these three!
Rocket League Betting Types
Now we’ll go over a couple of available betting types that the Esports bookmakers prepare for a Rocket League tournament.
- Winning: The simplest way to place a bet and the ‘easiest’ to win; classic bets such as this require you to select one out of the two teams going against each other. Option A or Option B; nothing more to it. This type of bet is best for beginners or people who want to place quick bets without too much analyzing. The pre-match betting odds exist for a reason as well; they’re supposed to show you what you can expect. Of course, the odds are subject to change as a tournament reaches its end.
- Handicap: Handicap betting is recommended for more experienced Esports bettors that are looking for a challenge (and the potential for extra winnings!). The handicap method works by keeping your winnings from the first bet you place and pushing it towards the next one. So there’s a higher chance to win extra cash but it’s also more risky.
Some special bets may also appear from time to time but they’re rare and usually change with every tournament.
How is Rocket League Played?
You play soccer with cars! The main goal for you (and) your team is to score more goals than the opponents. You control rocket propelled cars and have the ability to use boost (which, when depleted, needs to be refilled by picking up orange floating balls around the field). There are multiple game modes available as well as a ranked ladder system. You can play 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 (the most common choice) around a plethora of unique and different stadiums. The vehicles differ only slightly so no vehicle has a clear advantage over the other. Different cars are suited to people playing varying playstyles. There are micro-transactions as well but these are purely cosmetic and don’t enhance your car’s performance at all.
This game features fast-paced action with matches ending in 5 minutes time. It has become a global Esports phenomenon although slightly less so in 2018 compared to previous years.
Top 5 bookmakers comparison table
League of Legends
Counter Strike GO
World of Tanks
Street fighter V