One of the most anticipated esports tournaments for 2022 is the PGL CSGO Major. As an esports game, CSGO has grown exponentially over the years. As such, we bear witness to incredible performances by the top teams from the largest esports countries out there. And now, you’ll be able to watch and bet on the PGL CSGO Major Antwerp 2022!
Best Esports Sites for PGL CSGO Major Antwerp Betting
What is the PGL CSGO Major?
The PGL CSGO Major is the culmination of CSGO esports. All of the teams in the world strive to compete and ultimately win this tournament. PGL has organized dozens of other tournaments (BLAST Pro Series, Regional Minor, and Asia Championship) but none have come close to the PGL Majors in 2017 and 2021.
Sadly, there haven’t been a lot of PGL Majors throughout the years and the PGL Major Antwerp in 2022 is just the third one. Nonetheless, PGL has a rich history in the CSGO esports world and, alongside tournaments such as the Intel Extreme Masters, BLAST Premier: World Finals, and the ESL Pro League, they make up the bulk of CSGO events.
PGL CSGO Major History
|Event||Date||Prize Pool||Winning Team||Runners Up|
|PGL Major Stockholm 2021||26.10.2021 – 07.11.2021||$2,000,000||Natus Vincere||G2 Esports|
|PGL Major Kraków 2017||16.07.2017 – 23.07.2017||$1,000,000||Gambit Esports||Immortals|
PGL Major Antwerp Tournament Format
The Challengers Stage (09.05.2022 – 12.05.2022)
This is the first stage of the event. 16 teams are competing here. Every match, except the eliminations and advancements, is played in the best of 1 format. However, advancement and elimination matches are going to be played in the best of 3 series.
The top 8 teams from The Challengers Stage will advance through to The Legends Stage while the remaining 8 teams are eliminated from the event.
The Legends Stage
Once again, we are going to see 16 teams compete in this stage of the PGL esports event. Keep in mind that 8 teams await their opponents that qualified via The Challengers Stage. This means that there will be many gaps between these teams that you can use for PGL Major Antwerp 2022 betting.
The same scenario applies in this stage as well. The best 8 teams move on to The New Champions Stage while the bottom 8 are eliminated. Advancement and elimination matches are played in the best of 3 format while every other match is played as a best of 1.
The Champions Stage
The final stage of PGL Major Antwerp 2022. You can also consider this stage as the playoffs. A single-elimination bracket has been put in place which basically means there are no second chances for anyone in the playoffs. One defeat and you are out.
Keep in mind that every match, including the grand final, is played in the best of 3 format and this is where our recommendation that you use Total Maps Played – Over bet comes into play, so make sure you remember that once the event is live.
PGL Major Antwerp Prize Pool
*Disclaimer: Teams that finish below 16th do not receive any prize money.
Best Teams Competing at PGL CSGO Major 2022
Although the participating teams have not yet been confirmed for the PGL Major Antwerp 2022, these four teams are highly likely to compete. Provided they do, they will be the favourites to win the tournament.
According to HLTV, Natus Vincere is currently ranked as the best CSGO team in the world. Out of the last 4 events they took place in, s1mple and his squad won 2 while starting the 2022 season somewhat shaky (only a 5th and 4th finishing position).
15 Majors. 3 heartbreaking losses in the finals. 0 thoughts about giving up. We're NAVI. We're obsessed with victory. We're PGL Major Stockholm Champions!
— NAVI (@natusvincere) November 7, 2021
They have defeated all of the top teams several times and it seems like they are on a high level individually, albeit having some team cohesion issues presently. Natus Vincere's last change to the roster was bringing in B1T as a replacement for flamie.
This roster change happened almost a year ago and the team has been looking great since then. S1mple is once again playing on an insane level as he is averaging a rating of 1.27. Once he gets going, there is simply no stopping this guy.
All in all, Natus Vincere is for sure a team that we should keep an eye out for, and they are one of the biggest favourites to go all the way and win this event, especially considering their win at the last CSGO Major – the PGL Major Stockholm 2021 tournament. NaVi’s current roster is made up from s1mple, electroNic, Boombl4, Perfecto, and b1t.
- BLAST: Premier World Final 2021: 1st place
- PGL Major Stockholm 2021: 1st place
- ESL Pro League 14: 1st place
- Intel Extreme Masters XVI – Cologne: 1st place
The simple question here is, can you ever write off NiKo? In our opinion, he is one of the best CSGO players in the world and if he gets rolling, G2 Esports is unstoppable. We all know how much he likes to play Majors and how big of an impact he has on these events.
The Final Piece 🧩 pic.twitter.com/CJ0RU0Z9hA
— G2 Esports (@G2esports) January 23, 2022
Luckily for G2, their new roster has started playing well, albeit their performance in the ESL Pro League 15 has been terrible. Even though G2 winning is a long shot, a risk to reward ratio for them is definitely acceptable once you find out that a small bet can win you a lot of money. Their current roster consists of JACKZ, NiKo, huNter-, Aleksib, and m0NESY.
- Intel Extreme Masters XVI – Katowice: 2nd place
- Intel Extreme Masters XVI – Winter: 3rd place
- PGL Major Stockholm 2021: 2nd place
- Intel Extreme Masters XVI – Cologne: 2nd place
Natus Vincere and Gambit are the only two teams most punters are talking about in relation to winning this CSGO Major tournament. To be honest, we completely agree with that and these two CIS teams are a couple of steps above everyone else.
BLAST PREMIER SPRING CHAMPIONS! 🏆
We power through the #BLASTPremier Grand Final and claim the 6th trophy of the year & secure World Final spot.
Thank you for your immense support ❤️ pic.twitter.com/VthFEbJEsF
— Gambit Esports (@GambitEsports) June 20, 2021
However, Gambit did show a lot of weaknesses in their last couple of matches at Intel Extreme Masters XVI – Katowice 2022. They were defeated by FaZe Clan in the playoffs who cut Gambit’s participation in the event short.
Gambit has been together for a year and a half now without making any roster changes. The individual skill this team has is through the roof as 4 out of the 5 players in this team are averaging a rating of 1+. By far their two best players are Ax1le and sh1ro. If these two start to hit their shots, a lot of top teams could be in a whole world of trouble. Gambit Esports’ roster is as follows – HObbit, interz, Ax1Le, sh1ro, and nafany.
- BLAST Premier Spring Final 2021: 1st place
- BLAST Premier World Final 2021: 2nd place
- Intel Extreme Masters XVI Summer 2021: 1st place
- Intel Extreme Masters XV – World Championship: 1st place
We understand that Heroic does not necessarily have the most skilled line-up in the game, but their team play and cohesion are on a level above everyone else. Currently ranked as the 5th best team, Heroic stands a solid chance of stunning the favorites.
— HEROIC (@heroicgg) March 16, 2022
By adding refrezh and sjuush a year ago, Heroic found their footing and, in our opinion, they are looking really good. At the moment, the roster is made up of stavn, cadiaN, TeSeS, refrezh, and sjuush. Even though they are not playing a lot of events, the ones they do play, they leave a solid mark on. Here are their latest results.
- PGL Major Stockholm 2021: 3rd place
- BLAST Premier Fall Showdown 2021: 1st place
- Intel Extreme Masters XVI – Katowice: 3rd place
- ESL Pro League Season 14: 3rd place
How to Bet on the PGL CSGO Major Antwerp?
Overall, the process of betting on the PGL Major Antwerp CSGO tournament is rather simple and akin to how you would go about betting on most other CSGO events. Nonetheless, because there are now regional qualifiers as well as the main event, you should be fully prepared by the time you place your first bet.
Here’s how you can begin your CSGO Major betting career:
- Choose a bookie – Betting operators can vary wildly, especially when it comes to odds and betting markets. Make sure to take everything into account (including payment methods) before choosing which one you’d like to use. Some bookies are better for specific games or tournaments than others so think carefully!
- Create your account – During account creation, you’ll want to write down your real-life information because you might receive a betting bonus or two. Most operators’ registration processes are simple and quick, so you won’t be spending a lot of time on this step.
- Select a payment method – Most bookies support a wide variety of payment methods, especially the most popular ones in credit cards and PayPal. You can also expect to make and withdraw payments through Bitcoin, Skrill, and other lesser-used payment methods. Just make sure that your chosen betting operator supports it.
- Take some time to research the tournament participants – The more you know of the teams, the better you’ll be able to predict the outcome of bets. This will lead to bets that have a higher probability of winning. Find out how the teams have fared in recent tournaments, if there were any roster changes, and anything else that will be valuable for betting.
- Make a couple of bets, sit back, and relax – With everything prepared, you will finally be able to place a few bets. Remember to take it slow and be methodical; don’t go overboard and make sure to watch the tournament live stream!
PGL CSGO Major Antwerp Betting Guide
With the basics out of the way, it’s time we talk a bit about the specifics of CSGO Major betting.
PGL Major Antwerp Betting Markets
There are currently no active betting markets for the PGL Major Antwerp tournament, but we will still list all the ones that will most likely appear as the tournament draws closer.
- Outrights – With this bet, you’ll be betting on the team you think will win the entire tournament.
- Map Winner – A simple bet that most punters usually make a few of, map winner bets revolve around a team winning the current map (the result of which is irrelevant).
- Total Rounds per Map – Here, you will be deciding on how many rounds you think we’ll see for a given map. This can range from 16 (a 16-0 sweep) or go into overtime with 50+ rounds.
- Correct Score – Predict the score with which the winning team will defeat their opponents. This type of bet can usually be made on Bo3 and Bo5 series, or within the game itself (correct rounds).
- Pistol Round Winner – Pistol rounds occur on the 1st and 16th round on each map. With this bet, you’ll be betting on the team you think will win those rounds.
- Special Bets – Special bets come in all shapes and sizes and can differ drastically from bookie to bookie. Special bets can include whether or not there will be a knife kill, will a game go into overtime, and more.
PGL Major Antwerp Betting Odds
As is the situation with the betting markets, there are currently no available odds for this tournament. Considering there’s still some time left until the tournament begins, it would be wise to keep a close eye on the teams and their performances in any upcoming tournaments.
PGL Major Antwerp Statistics
There aren’t too many metrics you need to look at when you’re placing bets but they’re still crucial in helping you determine which bets are viable.
The team stats that you should look out for are total team performance (kills, assists, and deaths), map win percentages, and pistol round wins. As for individual performances, the same K/D/A system applies, and headshot percentages.
You can find all of this information (and more) by visiting the HLTV website. It contains precise information about each team, each player, and their overall performances across maps.
PGL Major Antwerp 2022 Betting Odds, Tips & Predictions
As always, we are here to provide you with the highest odds on the market. On top of that, you can always rely on our in-depth analysis and predictions that will get you the most value for your money. Let’s get straight into it.
PGL Major Antwerp 2022 Betting Odds
With 24 teams competing in this edition of the CSGO Major tournament, it is hard to predict who is going to be the biggest favorite in this event. Given the fact that odds have not been released yet, we can agree that only a couple of teams are going to be favored to go all the way and lift the Major trophy.
Both Gambit and Natus Vincere have been stellar in 2021 and they will for sure play their hearts out in this event.
PGL Major Antwerp 2022 Betting Tips & Predictions
What if we told you that there is an excellent way to make money while betting on the PGL CSGO Major. If you did not know by now, this event has a ton of regional qualifiers and this is where you can capitalize on.
Given the fact that there are a lot of teams competing for a Major spot in their region, the skill gap between some of the teams is going to be big and this is where you come into place. Watch the opening matches by looking at live streams, see how good/bad certain teams are, and start placing bets. This strategy will never get old as there are a lot of average teams looking to pull a miracle.
Given the fact that the competition here is fierce, it could be hard to actually predict a tournament winner. When it comes to CSGO Major betting, you can always expect insane tournament betting odds.
Let’s move on to our outright pick. Natus Vincere and Gambit are the only two teams that have been keeping up their form throughout 2021. The important question here is, which one of these teams has a higher chance of winning? In our opinion, that would be Natus Vincere.
They have beaten Gambit several times in a row now and it seems like they have what it takes to go all the way in this one.
Where to Watch the PGL CSGO Major Antwerp Live
PGL CSGO Major Antwerp FAQs
When is the next CSGO Major?
The next CSGO Major is the PGL Major Antwerp 2022 which lasts from May 9th, 2022 until May 22nd, 2022. There will also be many S-Tier events throughout the year.
Who won the 2021 PGL Major Stockholm?
The 2021 PGL Major Stockholm CSGO tournament was won by Natus Vincere after they defeated G2 Esports in the Grand Finals.
Who are the favourites to win PGL Major Antwerp?
As was the case for a few previous CSGO events, the definitive favourites for this one are Natus Vincere. They have been the most consistent team currently and have managed to defeat virtually everyone else.
What is the best CSGO betting market?
The best odds can be found in the Outright betting market, especially if you’re betting on the underdogs. The safest ones are usually map or match winner bets, while the most interesting ones are usually some sort of special bet.
How to get CSGO Major drops?
For this Major, Valve won't be activating drops. However you may get souveneir cases through the Major coin, which is available to purchase for $9.99. You may get a souveneir case for correctly guessing teams which pass on to the next stage in the Pick'ems.
Esports Betting Pro: Our Verdict
CSGO Majors are an integral part of CSGO esports. They are the pinnacle of competition and feature some of the largest prize pools in the scene.
That alone is capable of drawing in the best teams that are looking to add another trophy to their cabinet, as well as smaller teams who want to achieve their dreams and cause an upset.
If you’re looking for some CSGO betting, then this is the ideal tournament for you; one that will be both entertaining and potentially profitable. Good luck!