One of the most anticipated Dota 2 esports tournaments is just around the corner. We are here to provide you with everything you need to know about the ESL One Stockholm tournament starting with odds, favorites, format, schedule, and much more. You will also find all there is about ESL One betting so let’s get straight into it.
Best Esports Sites for ESL One Betting
How to Bet on ESL One Stockholm
Although ESL One Stockholm isn’t the biggest Dota 2 tournament, it’s still a superb choice for some esports betting. And, as far as that is concerned, the betting process is rather simple. In this section, we’ll go over each step that is necessary for you to start placing bets on this tournament.
- Pick your favorite bookie – All of the online betting operators we’ve mentioned at the beginning of this article will fulfill your betting needs, but you shouldn’t use all of them. Concentrate on one or two by comparing their odds, payment methods, and betting markets and settling on the ones you like most.
- Create an account on their website – You won’t be able to receive betting bonuses and, in some cases, you’ll be prevented from placing bets altogether without creating an account. The registration process is simple and generally only requires your user information (speaking of which, use your real-life info).
- Choose your preferred payment method – There are numerous payment methods that can be used to deposit and withdraw funds. Your chosen bookie should have a wide selection of payment methods or at least the most popular ones (PayPal, Bitcoin, Credit Cards, and Skrill come to mind). Be mindful of using cryptocurrencies for betting – you’ll need to connect a crypto wallet in order to deposit and withdraw your winnings.
- Research the teams and players – Although there are a few bets you could place without any background research on the teams, it’s a pretty risky way of betting. To avoid making betting mistakes, take a look at how the teams have performed in past tournaments and whether or not they replaced or changed their rosters.
- Place a bet or two and take things slow – Lastly, unless you’re familiar with esports betting and the ESL One Stockholm event, it’s best if you take things slow. Place a couple of bets at the beginning of the tournament and see how well you do. Afterward, you’ll have a clearer picture of what to expect and who to bet on.
ESL One Betting Guide
Popular ESL One Stockholm Betting Markets
There are not a lot of bets that you can utilize in order to come out on top against the bookmakers. However, we worked hard in order to provide the ones that will get you the most value for your money.
On top of that, these bets are interesting and generally easy to pick up on but keep in mind you’ll still need to do some research and gather data that’ll help you place efficient bets. Here are the most popular ESL One Stockholm betting markets:
- Match Handicap Kills: This is an excellent bet for ESL One Stockholm 2022 betting and here is why. This bet is especially useful when a strong team is playing one of the weaker ones. In most cases, the favourites will absolutely demolish the weaker team, usually with a 15+ kill margin. However, keep in mind that all of the matches are played in the best of 2 format and that the match outcome is not important here.
- Double Chance: Do not mind trading lower odds for a double chance bet. Best of 2 matches end up in a draw more often than not. This is where double chance comes into play. This bet basically covers the team you want to bet on and a possibility of a draw. Despite it having reduced odds, this bet reduces a chance of a lost bet by a lot.
- Map Winner: By far the most important thing regarding Dota 2 esports betting is the draft. Starting with bans, all the way to support picks, and of course carries. Analysts and commentators at ESL One Stockholm 2022 will provide you with plenty of information regarding the draft they are broadcasting so you can tail their picks and profit from map winner bet.
ESL One Stockholm Betting Odds
When you take a closer look at the teams attending this tournament, you do not have to be a hard-core fan to notice who the clear favourites are. Rightfully so, ESL One Stockholm 2022 odds will represent that as well. Unfortunately, the bookmakers haven’t yet added the odds to their websites, but we will update this section once they become available.
What is the ESL One Stockholm Esports Tournament?
The ESL One 2022 Stockholm esports tournament marks the beginning of the 2021/2022 Dota 2 Pro Circuit. With it come the results that will show the audience and punters which teams are starting off strong.
Out of all esports games, Dota 2 hosts the largest and most prestigious tournaments in esports. The ESL One Dota 2 Stockholm tournament is no exception and we’re expecting a spectacle with some of the best Dota 2 esports organizations and their teams taking part.
The ESL One Major tournaments have a long-lasting history ingrained within Dota 2 esports and as such, we’ve seen some excellent performances in the past. This year, the path to glory is paved with dedication and strength; there’s no telling which esports country’s team will win. Lastly, ESL One 2022 Stockholm is the perfect event to begin your ESL One betting experience!
ESL One History
|Event||Date||Prize Pool||Winning Team||Runners Up|
|ESL One Hamburg 2017||26.10.2017 – 29.10.2017||$1,000,000||Virtus.pro||Team Secret|
|ESL One Katowice 2018||20.02.2018 – 25.02.2018||$1,000,000||Virtus.pro||Vici Gaming|
|ESL One Birmingham 2018||23.05.2018 – 27.05.2018||$1,000,000||Virtus.pro||OpTic Gaming|
|ESL One Hamburg 2018||23.10.2018 – 28.10.2018||$300,000||Team Secret||Vici Gaming|
|ESL One Katowice 2019||19.02.2019 – 24.02.2019||$300,000||Team Secret||Gambit Esports|
|ESL One Birmingham 2019||28.05.2019 – 02.06.2019||$300,000||Team Secret||Evil Geniuses|
|ESL One Hamburg 2019||22.10.2019 – 27.10.2019||$300,000||TNC Predator||Gambit Esports|
|ESL One Germany 2020||05.10.2020 – 01.11.2020||$400,000||Team Liquid||Natus Vincere|
|ESL One Summer 2021||16.06.2021 – 20.06.2021||$400,000||T1||Virtus.pro|
|ESL One Fall 2021||21.08.2021 – 29.08.2021||$400,000||Tundra Esports||PSG.LGD|
ESL One Stockholm Tournament Format
The ESL One Stockholm tournament will feature 18 teams competing for the grand prize of $200,000 and 680 DPC (Dota Pro Circuit) points. Thanks to this, the teams are incentivized to show up and perform better than ever before. After all, some of them may end up in The International 2022 but we’ll have to wait and see.
ESL One 2022 Stockholm will be held from the 12th of May, 2022 until the 22nd of May, 2022 and its format is as follows:
- 18 Teams
- 8 teams from China and Western Europe (4 each)
- 6 teams from Eastern Europe and Southeast Asia (3 each)
- 4 teams from South America and North America (2 each)
Group Stage (12.05.2022 – 17.05.2022):
- Two groups with nine teams
- Single round-robin format
- Every match is a Bo2
- The top 4 teams from each group proceed to the playoffs upper bracket
- 5th and 6th place teams from each group proceed to the playoffs lower bracket
- 7th-9th place teams are eliminated
Playoffs (18.05.2022 – 22.05.2022):
- Double elimination format
- Every match (except Grand Finals) is a Bo3
- Grand Finals are Bo5
ESL One Stockholm Prize Pool
Best Teams Competing at ESL One 2022 Stockholm
PSG.LGD have been incredible in recent years and are the definitive favourites to win the ESL One Dota 2 Stockholm tournament. Their roster has been together since the 16th of September 2020, and have since then, won a couple of great Dota 2 tournaments.
#DOTA2 #PSGLGD #DPC
It's been 2 months since the end of Tour 1 and we have crowned ourselves again! @PSGeSports
We make it with all the support from our fans and sponsors @betwaydota2 @eposaudiogaming , you are always appreciated!! pic.twitter.com/k6lqnw5feh
— PSG | LGD (@PSGLGD_) April 24, 2022
Some of them include the WePlay AniMajor and OGA Dota PIT Invitational in 2021. On top of that, the team barely lost out against Team Secret in The International 2021 (2:3) and against Tundra Esports in ESL One Fall 2021 with the same score. These two 2nd places have cemented them as one of the strongest teams in Dota 2 esports today.
Current Roster: Ame, NothingToSay, Faith_bian, XinQ, y’
Tundra Esports aren’t exactly considered a strong team in the Dota 2 esports scene but – this often leads to teams underestimating them. In fact, Tundra Esports surprised everyone in ESL One Fall 2021 after defeating PSG.LGD (the then favourites) in the Grand Finals.
Boyband or pro player? 👀🤔 pic.twitter.com/yf4y28n4jk
— Tundra Esports (@TundraEsports) April 27, 2022
With this victory, they’ve established themselves as worthy contenders in Dota 2 events; at least when we’re talking about tournaments that don’t have Team Secret and the like in them. Their recent form and performances have been great and if they can keep this consistency going, they might end up causing another upset in an ESL One tournament.
Current Roster: Skiter, Nine, 33, Saksa, Sneyking
From our point of view, you can never write Team Liquid off. Looking at their roster it’s evident why. iNSaNiA has been around ever since Dota 2 esports was a thing. They also have two excellent carries in zai and miCKe.
The Dota action at Beyond Epic continues 🏆
Our second series of the group stage pits us against our good friends at Alliance 😁
— Team Liquid (@TeamLiquid) June 16, 2020
Team Liquid was strongest in 2017; more than 75% of their tournament participations ended with 1st place – including The International 2017.
Even though Team Liquid is on a decline right now, they shouldn’t be underestimated. If nothing else, the competition at ESL One Stockholm 2022 is not that tough and Team Liquid should pull it through to the playoffs.
Current Roster: MATUMBAMAN, miCKe, zai, Boxi, iNSaNiA
Evil Geniuses are one of the most respected and well-known Dota 2 esports teams. In the past, EG have managed to win the crown jewel of Dota 2 esports – The International 2015. On top of that, they’ve won the Dota 2 Asia Championship 2015 and The Manila Masters.
— Evil Geniuses (@EvilGeniuses) February 18, 2022
This is a team with a strong esports pedigree and belongs to one of the largest esports organizations today. Their recent results have been great, but victory has slipped through their fingers too many times.
EG finished 2nd in the ONE Esports Singapore Major 2021, WePlay AniMajor, and DreamLeague Season 13. Sadly, they finished in a lowly 12th place in The International 2021. With that said, EG is always capable of winning so we might see that happening here.
Current Roster: Arteezy, Abed, Nightfall, Cr1t-, JerAx
Where to Watch the ESL One Dota 2 Stockholm Tournament?
You’ll be able to catch ESL One 2022 Stockholm matches by watching the live streams on ESL’s official Twitch channel. You can also find out more information about the tournament by visiting the ESL website.
ESL One Stockholm Betting FAQs
What is ESL One Stockholm?
ESL One Stockholm is a Major-tier Dota 2 tournament with which the Dota 2 Pro Circuit starts. 18 teams are participating but only one will come out on top. Teams will earn Pro Circuit points based on their finishing position; the points allow them to participate in larger tournaments in the future.
When is the next ESL One tournament?
There is currently no news regarding when the next ESL One Dota 2 tournament will be held but if the past events are anything to go by, it’s most likely going to be in late Summer or early Autumn.
Who are the favourites to win ESL One 2022 Stockholm?
Although there are three remaining spots in the tournament (3 unconfirmed teams from Eastern Europe), the current favourites to win the tournament are PSG.LGD. The team finished 2nd in The International 2021 and have achieved quite a lot since then. However, Tundra Esports may also have a chance to win considering their surprise performance in ESL One Fall 2021.
What is the best betting market for ESL One betting?
The safest betting markets are, in most cases, match-winner bets and handicaps. However, they usually don’t have great odds thanks to (in most cases) a 50/50 chance of your bet being the winning one.
The bets that can bring you the most winnings are outrights and player-related bets (most kills in the match, least deaths, etc.).
When is the ESL One Stockholm tournament?
The ESL One Dota 2 Stockholm tournament lasts for 11 days and begins on the 12th of May, 2022. The Grand Finals wrap up the entire event on the 22nd of May, 2022.
Esports Betting Pro: Our Verdict
ESL One Stockholm is definitely a breath of fresh air in the world of esports. Even though this event doesn’t feature all of the best Dota 2 teams in the world, it will still bring us a ton of action and betting opportunities.
Starting on May 12th, 18 teams will try their best in order to bank themselves a share of the $500,000 prize pool; this in itself is a sign that things will turn competitive quite quickly in this event.
Bear in mind that there is a solid chance that an underdog will win this event so if you still did not place your tournament/outright bets, now would be a perfect time for you to do so and profit from ESL One betting.