The BLAST Premier Spring Showdown marks the beginning of the march to the CSGO BLAST Premier Grand Finals 2022 esports tournament. It’s also the perfect opportunity to indulge in some BLAST Premier betting action. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about BLAST Premier and how to place your bets most effectively.
Best Esports Sites for BLAST Premier Betting
What is the BLAST Premier Spring Showdown?
The BLAST Premier Spring European Showdown 2022 is the second BLAST Premier tournament of the year. Predominantly European teams will participate in the tournament the total number of teams being 8.
These eight teams will compete against each other to win the grand prize of $20,000 but – more importantly – 1600 BLAST Premier Points and a direct seed for the BLAST Premier Spring Finals. After that, it’s up to them to perform and qualify for the end-of-year Grand Finals.
Although this is an A-Tier tournament, it attracts some of the biggest CSGO talents in the world. Teams like Heroic, Astralis, and Ninjas in Pyjamas will all make their mark in this year’s BLAST Premier Spring Showdown.
It’s set to be a grand affair with most fans anxious and hyped to see the tournament begin. All in all, the beginning of the CSGO competitive year is always filled with excitement and some superb gameplay from the players.
BLAST Premier History
|Event||Date||Prize Pool||Winning Team||Runners-Up|
|BLAST Premier Spring Groups 2022||28.01.2022 – 06.02.2022||$177,498||Team Vitality / OG / FaZe Clan||/|
|BLAST Premier: World Finals 2021||14.12.2021 – 19.12.2021||$1,000,000||Natus Vincere||Gambit Esports|
|BLAST Premier: Fall Finals 2021||24.11.2021 – 28.11.2021||$425,000||Natus Vincere||Team Vitality|
|BLAST Premier: Fall Showdown 2021||12.10.2021 – 17.10.2021||$163,000||Heroic / Team Liquid||OG / MAD Lions|
|BLAST Premier: Fall Groups 2021||16.09.2021 – 26.09.2021||$150,000||NaVi / NiP / Team Vitality||/|
|BLAST Premier: Spring Finals 2021||15.06.2021 – 20.06.2021||$425,000||Gambit Esports||Natus Vincere|
|BLAST Premier: Spring Showdown 2021||13.04.2021 – 18.04.2021||$162,500||G2 Esports / Gambit Esports||Heroic / Team Spirit|
|BLAST Premier: Spring Groups 2021||04.02.2021 – 14.02.2021||$150,000||BIG / compLexity Gaming / NaVi||/|
BLAST Premier Spring Showdown Tournament Format
- Playoff Stage:
- Single-elimination format bracket
- Every match is Bo3
- The winning team advances to the BLAST Premier: Spring Finals
BLAST Premier Spring Showdown Prize Pool & BLAST Premier Points Distribution
This year’s BLAST Premier Spring Showdown will feature a $67,500 prize pool. However, teams are more focused on the BLAST points and seeding for the BLAST Premier: Spring Finals. In fact, the winning team will be getting a direct spot for the Spring Finals in June.
|Placement||Prize Money||BLAST Points|
Best Teams Competing at the BLAST Premier Spring Showdown
Out of the 8 teams that are participating in the BLAST Premier Spring Showdown 2022, these four are generally considered the favourites, with Heroic and ENCE seemingly the main contenders for the title.
Heroic was virtually unstoppable for a few months in 2020 and 2021 but has, since then, been experiencing a stagnant period. The team hasn’t been able to climb back to the top positions in the rankings, with their current position being 5th.
WHAT A DAY!!
LEGEND STAGE 🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/2qiOSHgxdq
— HEROIC (@heroicgg) October 29, 2021
However, they have an impressive 71.4% win rate in the past 3 months. During the past three months, they lost to NaVi twice, and once to Team Liquid, FaZe Clan, and Gambit Esports. Heroic finished 1st in the Pinnacle Winter Series 3 while also winning the BLAST Premier Fall Showdown 2021.
Their current roster is as follows: cadiaN, refrezh, stavn, TeSeS, and sjuush.
ENCE has always been a strong CSGO team but they’ve never managed to climb into the top 5 strongest teams in the rankings. Nonetheless, they’re a formidable opponent and one with quite a good shot at winning the BLAST Premier Spring Showdown.
The roster of Snappi, Maden, dycha, hades, and Spinx is looking to bring an improvement to form considering their recent lack of success in the most prestigious tournaments. However, they still managed an excellent 2nd place in the ESL Pro League Season 15; a tournament that lasted from the 9th of March, 2022 until the 10th of April, 2022.
— ENCE (@ENCE) April 10, 2022
Fans are hopeful that ENCE will be able to overcome the opposition and qualify for the BLAST Premier Spring Finals 2022 by winning the Spring Showdown.
Ninjas in Pyjamas
Ninjas in Pyjamas have had a rollercoaster of a career in CSGO. They’ve been in virtually every position in the rankings in the top 20 except #1. Currently, NiP is the 7th best CSGO team in the world; one that hasn’t participated in many tournaments recently.
Who is hyped for ESL Pro League? 👀 pic.twitter.com/zUZ1nZP7J4
— Ninjas in Pyjamas (@NIP) March 3, 2022
With that said, they shouldn’t be taken lightly. The team finished 3rd in the ESL Pro League Season 15 after losing to ENCE. Es3tag, REZ, hampus, Plopski, and phzy are more than capable of coming together and defeating any of the participating teams. However, their consistency issues may also see them drop out in the early stages.
Regardless, they should be considered a wildcard for winning the BLAST Premier Spring Showdown but ultimately, only time will tell.
Astralis is arguably the most respected and well-known CSGO team in the modern era of esports. They’ve won everything there is to be won between 2017 and 2020. Their achievements have been immortalized in history in various skill compilations and such.
Unfortunately, after Magisk, device, and dupreeh’s departures, they haven’t really managed to continue those epic performances. As such, the team is currently #10 in the rankings and doesn’t seem to be strong enough to challenge any of the top 5 teams.
1-2 @FURIA. Insanely proud of our progress this tournament but as always it stings to lose.
— Astralis Counter-Strike (@AstralisCS) April 8, 2022
Still – Astralis should never be underestimated. They are on relatively equal ground in the BLAST Premier Spring Showdown and can potentially cause an upset. Xyp9x, gla1ve, k0nfig, Farlig, and blameF will attempt to do that at least.
How to Start your BLAST Premier Betting Adventure
The BLAST Premier series of tournaments is watched by millions of people worldwide, most of whom are fans supporting their favourite teams. But this occurrence also provides opportunities to beginner and experienced punters alike.
This section will help you understand the process of betting on BLAST Premier and how to do it most efficiently. None of these steps are difficult and all of them apply to any bookie you prefer to use.
- Compare betting operators and settle for one or two – Although the betting odds you find on most bookie websites are virtually the same, there are stark differences that occur every once in a while. You should also take a look at their supported payment methods and betting markets.
- Create an account with your real-life info – No matter which bookie you ultimately want to go for, you’ll need an account in order to bet on esports. To do this, simply go through the registration process and include the correct info – this is important if you want to receive betting bonuses and other types of incentives and rewards.
- Connect your chosen payment method with the account – After you’ve done filling out all the necessary info on your account, go ahead and set up your preferred payment method. Bookies are very generous when it comes to which payment methods they support but some of the most popular ones include credit cards and PayPal.
- Time to do some research – You won’t be able to place effective bets without doing some background research on the teams and their previous performances in CSGO tournaments. Keep an eye out for roster moves and player retirements as this may severely weaken the team or strengthen it. After all, staying on top of the game will maximize your winning chances.
- Place a few bets but don’t go overboard – Don’t rush into betting as soon as you think you’re ready. It’s best to test the waters a little before diving deep. So, you’d ideally want to place a bet or two and wait until those bets are resolved. Take things slow in the beginning and work up from there.
BLAST Premier Betting Guide
BLAST Premier Betting Markets
CSGO is one of the most versatile esports games when it comes to betting. Not only do you have numerous esports organizations from various esports countries looking to be the best in CSGO esports, but there are plenty of betting markets to choose from. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Map Betting – Proper research will show you which team will start to play as terrorist or counter-terrorists (CTs), and this benefits you when betting on a map. Some players are better at playing as CTs and vice versa. The market also allows you to make in-play and over/under bets by watching live streams and reacting to what’s happening on stream.
- Match Betting – Match betting is making bets on the total outcomes of the events during the game. You can bet on who will win at least one map, the total team rounds, the correct map score, and match handicaps. Betting on the outright winner or loser is the most common form of match betting, and it’s also very straightforward.
- Team Betting – Another very common BLAST Premier betting market is team betting. In this market, as just 8 teams are participating, you have different betting choices such as betting on match lines, map lines as well as round lines. You can also place outright bets on a team you support to win the tournament.
- Handicap Betting – When there’s a match between a favourite and an underdog, the handicap bet is perfect. When you are certain the favourites will be winners and with a considerable margin too, you should place a handicap bet. Commonly, these bets are around -1.5 to 1.5. For example, if you’re guessing that the result between NiP and Natus Vincere will be 0-2 in favour of NaVi, placing a bet on the -1.5 handicap yields impressive profits compared to when you make a match-winning wager.
- Special Bets – Special bets differ from bookie to bookie and usually revolve around specific in-game situations. For example, special bets can be who gets the first kill, who wins the pistol round, etc. Most of them have excellent odds but they’re fairly difficult to get right.
BLAST Premier Betting Odds
At the time of writing this article, no bookies have released odds on the BLAST Premier Spring European Showdown. We will update this section as soon as the odds become available.
BLAST Premier Tournament Statistics
- There are 8 teams competing for the grand prize and seeding into the next BLAST tournament.
- It will take place from the 27th of April to the 1st of May 2022.
- The tournament will not take place offline, meaning all teams will play from home
Where to Watch the BLAST Premier Spring Showdown Live
The BLAST Premier Spring European Showdown will be live-streamed on the official BLAST Premier Twitch and Youtube channels. You will be able to find VODs of past matches on the Youtube channel as well.
You can check the full schedule on the official BLAST Premier Twitter page.
The BLAST Premier Spring Showdown is live on Youtube and Twitch💥
27 April 1 May
4:30 PM CEST
— BLAST Premier 💥 (@BLASTPremier) April 14, 2022
BLAST Premier Spring Showdown FAQs
Which team won the BLAST Premier World Final 2021?
Natus Vincere took the win from Gambit Esports after a gruesome and tight Grand Finals match. Gambit Esports took the lead after winning 16-11 on Mirage but NAVI came back, won Ancient with the same score, and clinched first place with a 16-6 decimation on Inferno.
What is BLAST Premier?
BLAST Premier is a prestigious series of CSGO tournaments where some of the best CSGO teams compete against each other throughout each year. The culmination of this series happens at the end of each year in the form of the Grand Finals where the top teams from every previous BLAST Premier tournament (in the same year) are invited to play.
When will the BLAST Premier Spring Showdown tournament start?
The BLAST Premier Spring European Showdown begins on April 27 and ends on May 1, 2022. You can watch the tournament live by visiting either the official Twitch or YouTube channels.
Who is predicted to win the BLAST Premier Spring Showdown?
There are arguably four teams that can realistically win this tournament. These teams are Heroic, ENCE, Ninjas in Pyjamas, and Astralis. Heroic and ENCE are generally considered the favourites to win but we might see some surprises along the way.
What are the best sites for BLAST Premier betting?
Esports Betting Pro: Our Verdict
The BLAST Premier Spring European Showdown is an introduction to the incredible and chaotic world of CSGO esports. The competition is usually pretty balanced meaning there aren’t any large discrepancies between the teams’ skills.
It’s also the perfect opportunity to try your hand at esports betting since there will be plenty of action to see. Just remember to be careful and mindful, precisely because the teams are rather balanced in terms of strength. Good luck!