The first games of the LCS 2018 – Season 8 will be played in January 2018. Both Europe and North America will have 10 professional League of Legends teams competing in the upcoming Spring Split. Compared to the seventh season a lot has changed: the teams in the EU LCS 2018 are no longer divided into two groups before each split. Just like in the NA LCS all games are played in the Best-of-1 format in the regular season of the League of Legends Championship Series. The North American competitors will only fight 9 weeks in the regular season, just as the ones from Europe. You can find the current standings and the upcoming schedule right below as usual. After each of the two LCS splits the Playoffs take place, the rough schedule of the LCS Season 8 looks like this: Spring Split> Spring Playoffs> Summer Split> Summer Playoffs. Between the two splits there will be an international showdown between the best teams of each region: the 2018 Mid-Season Invitational tournament. After the Summer Split Playoffs the most successful teams qualify for the most important tournament of the year – the LoL World Championship 2018 (LoL Worlds). Another way to this event is the qualification by Championship Points, which are earned by placings on top of the standings in the Spring Split season as well as in the Summer Split.
LCS EU (Europe):
Start: 01/19 – 01/20/2017: Week 1 EU LCS Spring 2018
LCS NA (North America):
Start: 01/20 – 01/21/2017: Week 1 NA LCS Spring 2018
- Week 1 – EU LCS Spring Split 2018
- Week 1 – NA LCS Spring Split 2018
- 2018 Academy League Spring Split Info – League of Legends
- Ticket Info EU LCS Spring Split 2018
- Ticket Info NA LCS Spring Split 2018
- Outright winner Betting Odds for NA LCS Spring Split 2018
- Outright winner Betting Odds for EU LCS Spring Split 2018
- Schedule & Results – EU LCS Spring Split 2018
LCS Season 2018 | LCS 8 facts:
- 2 Regions: LCS EU and LCS NA
- 10 teams per region
- All matches will be streamed live
- Bets and odds available for all matches
- All matches in regular season are Best-of-1
- Playoffs are played in Best-of-5
- Spring Split Dates: 01/19/2018 – 03/18/2018
- NA LCS: 9 Weeks in Spring Split 2018 (10 matches / week)
- NA LCS Spring Split Ticket Info
- EU LCS: 9 Weeks in Spring Split 2018 (10 matches / week)
- EU LCS Spring Split Ticket Info
- Spring Split Playoffs: March 23th, 2018
- Spring Split Champions get ticket to the MSI 2018
- Summer Split Dates: TBA
- Summer Split Playoffs: TBA
- Summer Split Champions get ticket to LoL Worlds 2018
- Hashtags: #LCS #EULCS #NALCS
These are the 10 teams that qualified for the upcoming 2018 Spring Split of the North American LoL Pro-League. Because of the upcoming league changes regarding the new franchising system these teams could slightly differ, you will find more information about the NA LCS league structure right here as soon as it is available.
- Cloud9 (C9)
- Team SoloMid (TSM)
- Golden Guardians (GG)
- Counter Logic Gaming (CLG)
- Optic Gaming (OG)
- Clutch Gaming (CG)
- Team Liquid (TL)
- Echo Fox (EF)
- 100 Thieves
- FlyQuest (FLY)
Promoted / Relegated teams: LCS NA Spring Split 2018
The 2018 NA LCS Spring Promotion tournament was running from August 11th-13th in 2017. The top 2 Challenger teams and bottom 2 LCS teams were fighting for 2 spots in the 2018 NA LCS Spring Split. Both NA LCS teams could reclaim their spot for the North American Spring Split:
- ↑↑↑ Team Liquid requalified as the first team for the Spring Split
- ↑↑↑ Phoenix1 requalified as the second team, but had to be sold
- ↓↓↓ eUnited remain in the Challenger Series
- ↓↓↓ Gold Coin United remain in the NA CS as well
You know who will win?
Compared to the last season there are two new faces in the upcoming season, FC Schalke 04 and the Giants got back to the European League of Legends Championship Series. The 10 teams starting in the European LCS Spring Split 2018 are:
- Fnatic (FNC)
- ROCCAT (ROC)
- Vitality (VIT)
- Splyce (SPY)
- Unicorns of Love (UOL)
- H2K Gaming (H2K)
- G2 Esports (G2)
- Misfits (MSF)
- FC Schalke 04 (S04)
- Giants! (GIA)
This year, Riot Games announced changes for the format of the EU LCS Spring split 2018, they ditched the 2 group format and switched back to Bo1 and single group format.
Promoted / Relegated teams: EU LCS Spring Split 2018
The 2018 EU LCS Spring Promotion tournament was running from August 17th to August 25th 2018. The top 2 European Challenger teams and bottom 2 EU LCS teams were fighting for 2 spots in the 2018 EU LCS Spring Split.
- ↑↑↑ Giants! were able to reclaim their LCS spot after one season in the Challenger Series.
- ↑↑↑ FC Schalke 04 is finally back again in the EU LCS.
- ↓↓↓ Mysterious Monkeys loose their LCS spot after one season and will again compete in the 2018 EU CS.
- ↓↓↓ Ninjas in Pyjamas are also out of the LCS.
Championship Points, Playoffs and Worlds 2018 Qualifiers
The NA LCS and EU LCS teams have to collect Championship Points in season 8 again, which are necessary to qualify for LoL World Championship 2018. The winners of the Spring Playoffs qualify directly for the MSI 2018, the winner of the Summer Playoffs for LoL Worlds 2018. The other seeds for League of Legends World Championship 2018 will go to the teams with the most Championship Points and the winners of the Regional Qualifiers.
|Championship Points – Spring Playoffs 2018
|NA LCS||EU LCS|
|TBD||90 Points + Qualified for MSI 2018||TBD|
Season 8 Schedule
The 2018 LCS (Season 8) is divided into Spring Split and Summer Split and both contain weekly matches as league format and playoff games. The complete schedule for the 2018 LCS Spring Split is expected to be released in early January. The full Summer Split schedule is expected to be confirmed in mid May.
LCS Spring Split Schedule
Matchdays and starting times LCS EU Spring Split (Europe)
- Friday: 09:00 AM PST / 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 CET
- Saturday: 09:00 AM PST / 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 CET
Matchdays and starting times LCS NA Spring Split (North America)
- Saturday: 02:00 PM PST / 05:00 PM EST / 23:00 CET
- Sunday: 02:00 PM PST / 05:00 PM EST / 23:00 CET
|LCS 2018 (Season 8) | Overview – Spring Split Schedule|
Venue: EU LCS Studio | Berlin
Venue: NA LCS Arena/Studio | LA
|Schedule – EU LCS Spring Split||Schedule – NA LCS Spring Split|
|EU WEEK 1
||01/20/2017 01/21/2017||NA WEEK 1
||01/26/2017 01/27/2017||EU WEEK 2||01/27/2017 01/28/2017||NA WEEK 2
||02/02/2017 02/03/2017||EU WEEK 3
||02/03/2017 02/04/2017||NA WEEK 3
||02/09/2017 02/10/2017||EU WEEK 4||02/10/2017 02/11/2017||NA WEEK 4
||02/16/2017 02/17/2017||EU WEEK 5
||02/17/2017 02/18/2017||NA WEEK 5
||02/23/2017 02/24/2017||EU WEEK 6||02/24/2017
|NA WEEK 6
||03/02/2017 03/03/2017||EU WEEK 7||03/03/2017 03/04/2017||NA WEEK 7
||03/09/2017 03/10/2017||EU WEEK 8
|NA WEEK 8
||03/16/2017 03/17/2017||EU WEEK 9
||03/17/2017 03/18/2017||NA WEEK 9
||TBA||EU LCS Spring Playoffs
||TBA||NA LCS Spring Playoffs
Betting Odds for the Spring Season LCS 2018
The first League of Legends bets on the overall winner of the European and North American LCS Spring Split are now live. An overview of the current LoL betting possibilities can be found on our betting and odds page for the LCS 2018 Spring Split.
As every year all matches of LCS Season 8 | 2018 are streamed live and for free on the popular streaming platforms Youtube, Twitch and Azubu. Of course you can watch the matches right here on our website as well. Just click on the play button and the red light indicates that the LCS Live Stream is up and running. You can find more information about the schedule and broadcasting times above. Both EU and NA LCS will be under the same live stream for the LCS 2018. We hope you enjoy the matches of the LCS Spring Split 2018!
Main Live Stream of Riot Games
You know who will win?