One of the most important tournaments in Dota 2 to ever exist is the SL i-League StarSeries. Now with the 13th season, 12 teams compete for a prize pool of $300,000. For this tournament, only 2 teams are directly invited. The rest of the spots are fulfilled after the end of 5 qualifiers all around the world.
SL i-League StarSeries 13 | Facts:
- Date: 01/13/ – 01/17/2016
- Location: Minsk Arena, Belarus.
- Prize Pool: $300,000
- Format: Online Qualifiers, Offline Group Stage and Playoffs
- 12 teams
SL i-League StarSeries 13 | Qualifiers:
There are 5 qualifiers that give 10 spots for the tournament:
- 4 from Europe & CIS: Alliance, Vega, Virtus.pro, CIS Rejects.
- 1 from the last chance qualifier: This qualifier was cancelled, so Team Secret and Navi were directly invited.
- 3 from China: LGD Gaming, EHOME.cn (withdrew from the tournament, spot given to Secret), Wings Gaming.
- 1 from America: CompLexity Gaming
- 1 from SEA: Fnatic
- 2 invited teams: EG and Liquid
SL i-League StarSeries 13 | Group Stage:
For the Group Stage, the 12 teams were divided into two groups in a round robin format. All matches were played as Bo3. The top teams of each group advanced to the Playoffs Semifinals. The 2nd and 3rd place advanced to the Quarterfinals of the Playoffs.
- Group A first place: LGD
- Group A second place: Alliance
- Group A third place: EG
- Group B first place: Liquid
- Group B second place: Vega
- Group B third place: Secret
SL i-League StarSeries 13 | Playoffs:
The Playoffs consisted of a single-elimination bracket. All matches, including the finals, were Bo3:
- First place for $120,000: Alliance
- Second place for $60,000: EG