The 2015 Starcraft II StarLeague Season 1 is one of the two Korean leagues of the 2015 Starcraft II World Championship Series. The other one is the GOMeXP Global Starcraft II League. The Starcraft II StarLeague will be operated by SPOTV Games and it is a new league introduced in 2015 to give more opportunities to Korean players to earn WCS points.
2015 Starcraft II StarLeague Season 1 Facts
- Date: 12/17/2014- 3/21/2015
- Location: Seoul, South Korean
- Total Prize Pool: ₩75,000,000
- 32 players (12 Protoss, 12 Terran, 8 Zerg)
- 32 players in a single round of 16 Up-and-Down matches
- 29 players come from the Qualifiers and 3 players are seeded
- Life, Scarlett, and Jim are the 3 seeded players. Initially, the fourth player coming from Europe should have also been seeded, but it was not possible due to scheduling issue.
- Matches are Best-of-five
- The winner of the Bo5 advance to the Group Stage
- The loser of the Bo5 is eliminated and may qualify through the following season’s qualifiers.
Prize Pool Distribution
Total Prize Pool is ₩75,000,000 and 10,250 WCS Points.
1st Place: ₩40,000,000 and 2,000 WCS Points
2nd Place: ₩10,000,000 and 1,250 WCS Points
3rd-4th Place: ₩4,500,000 and 900 WCS Points
5th-8th Place: ₩2,000,000 and 600 WCS Points
9th-12th Place: ₩1,000,000 and 400 WCS Points
13th-16th Place: ₩1,000,000 and 300 WCS Points