The 2015 Global Starcraft II League Season 2 is now starting. The season 1 concluded with Lee Seung Hyun, a zerg player from KT Rolster and also known as Life, winning against Won Lee Sak, a protoss player from yoe Flash Wolves and also known as PartinG, in a series 4 to 3. In addition, this season will have a Code A qualifiers unlike the previous season.
2015 Global Starcraft League Season 2 Facts
Date: 4/1/2015 – 6/28/2015
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Total Prize Pool: ₩103,200,000
56 players (21 Protoss, 20 Terran, 15 Zerg)
- Each player from the previous Code S Round of 32, besides the 8 players who advanced to the playoffs, is matched up against a qualified player.
- The winner of Bo5 advances to Code S Round of 32
- The losser of Bo5 is eliminated and may qualify through the next season’s qualifiers
- Round of 32 (Dual Tournament format)
- All games are best-of-three.
- Eight groups
- The 4 players of each group are split into two pairs and will play with each other.
- The winners of each match will both face in the Winner’s match.
- The winner will be the first in the group and advances to the next stage which is the Round of 16.
- The losers of the initial matches will face each other in the Loser’s match.
- The loser will be placed fourth in the group and will fall to the next season Code A Round of 48.
- The loser of the Winner’s match and the winner of the Loser’s match will face each other in a fifth match.
- The winner gets second place in the group and advances to the Round of 16.
- The loser places third in the group and will fall to the next season Code A Round of 48.
- Round of 16 (Dual Tournament format)
- Players will choose who will be in their group(also known as the Group Nomination)
- Four groups
- All matches are best-of-three.
- The 4 players of each group in Round of 16 will face off similar to Round of 32.
- Quarterfinals (Single-elimination playoffs)
- All 8 players who make it to this round are seeded in next season’s Code S.
- Quarterfinals: Best-of-five.
- Semifinals: Best-of-seven.
- Finals: Best-of-seven.
Prize Pool – Global Starcraft League Season 2 | 2015
1st Place: ₩40,000,000 and 2,000 WCS Points
2nd Place: ₩10,000,000 and 1,250 WCS Points
3rd-4th Place: ₩4,000,000 and 900 WCS Points
5th-8th Place: ₩2,500,000 and 600 WCS Points
9th-12th Place: ₩1,500,000 and 400 WCS Points
13th-16th Place: ₩1,500,000 and 300 WCS Points
17th-24th Place: ₩850,000 and 150 WCS Points
25th-32nd Place: ₩850,000 and 100 WCS Points
1st-24th Place: ₩0 and advances to Code S
25th-48th Place: ₩400,000 and 50 WCS Points