The Chinese qualifiers have finally been announced. Bad news to the seemingly hundreds of Chinese teams out there hoping for an open bracket qualifiers like the two previous ones were extremely disappointed. It seems the ESL has chosen an invite only qualifier for the Chinese representative for the ESL One New York main event.
Eight teams have been invited to battle out for the lone spot in the main event that is going to be held at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The eight teams will be divided into 2 brackets, wherein they will face off in a double-elimination group stage. The top 2 teams from each bracket will advance to a best-of-three semi-finals. The last two teams will battle it out for the lone spot at the main event.
The invited teams and their respective brackets are:
|Group 1||Group 2|
It would be interesting to note that the defending champion of the ESL One Frankfurt is Invictus Gaming. It would be interesting to see if they can top the qualifiers in order to punch a ticket to the main event.
Schedule | Chinese Qualifiers | ESL One New York
Wednesday September 10th
- 07:00 CEST – Lai Gaming vs. TongFu
- 08:00 CEST – Invictus Gaming vs. LGD Gaming
- 09:00 CEST – Group A winners match
Thursday September 11th
- 07:00 CEST – Vici Gaming vs. Newbee
- 08:00 CEST – LGD.CDEC vs. HyperGloryTeam
- 09:00 CEST – Group B winners match
Monday September 15th
- 07:00 CEST – Group A losers match
- 08:00 CEST – Group B losers match
- 09:00 CEST – Group A decider match
- 10:00 CEST – Group B decider match
Tuesday September 16th
- 07:00 CEST – Semifinal #1
- 10:00 CEST – Semifinal #2