Halfway through December, and the competitive League of Legends fun never ends! If you can’t think of what fun I am talking about, then you are probably not a huge e-sports fan. Cheer up though, for you don’t need to be a frantic fan to enjoy the LoL tournamet at Intel Extreme Masters! Yep – IEM Cologne is here and that only a few days after the LoL touranemnt at IEM San Jose! Now, you need to hold on to your curiosity, and read on to satisfy it, but we can safely state that the LoL tournament at IEM Cologne is going to be packing some serious heat, especially with all those big-shots participating and $30k in prize money up for grabs! The LoL Event in Cologne is starting on Thursday, December 18th (starting with the LCS EU Expansion Round 3) before the IEM tournament starts on Friday, December 19th with the two Quarter-Final Matches of the IEM tournament. The tournament is running until Sunday, December 21st.
The next IEM Cologne ist coming up:
LoL tournament – IEM Cologne 2015
LoL IEM Cologne 2014 facts:
- Date: 12/18/2014 – 12/21/2014
- Location: ESL Studios Cologne
- 6 teams
- Single Elimination with 2 Wildcards
- Best of 3 | Finals : Best of 5
- Patch: 4.21
- Prize Money: $ 30,000
- Live stream for all matches
- Esports betting tips and predictions
- Betting Odds for all matches available
Schedule IEM Cologne – League of Legends
The schedule as always with IEM, is pretty simple to comprehend and is convenient as well, especially with all those holidays coming up. IEM is incorporating LCS EU expansion matches as well (find out more about the LoL Expansion tournament), which will add to the action of the scene and should serve as a sneak peek into what the EU LCS scene may look like in the coming year. Here is a day by day breakdown:
Quarter-Final #1: Team Roccat vs. Dolphins of Wallstreet 2 : 0
(Dec 19th, 09:00 PST/ 12:00 EST/ 18:00 CET)
Quarter-Final#2: Aces High vs. Team Dignitas 1 : 2
(Dec 19th, 12:00 PST/ 15:00 EST/ 21:00 CET)
Semi-Final #1: Counter Logic Gaming vs. Team Roccat 2 : 1
(Dec 20th, 09:00 PST/ 12:00 EST/ 18:00 CET)
Semi-Final#2: Gambit Gaming vs. Team Dignitas 2 : 0
(Dec 20th, 12:00 PST/ 15:00 EST/ 21:00 CET)
IEM Cologne Grand Finals
Finals: Counter Logic Gaming vs. Gambit Gaming 1 : 3
(Dec 21st, 09:00 PST/ 12:00 EST/ 18:00 CET)
December 18th (Thursday)
- Giants vs Reason Gaming at 12:00 – LCS EU expansion match
- H2k vs nifaculty at 17:00 – LCS EU expansion match
December 19th (Friday)
- Elimination match at 12:00 (loser of both games on Day 1 facing each other) – LCS EU expansion
- Team Roccat vs Dolphins of Wallstreet at 17:00 – IEM Cologne
- Aces High vs Team Dignitas at 20:00 – IEM Cologne
December 20th (Saturday)
- Winner’s Match at 12:00 (winner of both games on day 1 facing each other) – LCS EU expansion
- Counter Logic gaming vs winner of Roccat vs Dolphins of Wallstreet at 17:00 – IEM Cologne
- Gambit Gaming vs Winner of Aces High vs Team Dignitas at 20:00 – IEM Cologne
December 21st (Sunday)
- Decider match (loser of winner’s match vs winner of elimination match) at 12:00 – LCS EU expansion
- Final match at 17:00 – IEM Cologne
*All times according to GMT
Next Matches – Betting Odds
Start Time: GMT
Betting Odds presented by Pinnacle Sports. Read more about esports betting at Pinnacle
The format is quite simple as well. As always, there are two predefined teams and two fan voted teams, with 2 seeds coming in from the qualifiers. The fan voted teams play the qualifying teams, while the predefined teams earn a bye into the semi-finals. With CLG and Gambit securing their spots in the semis with their bye, the teams that will really have to battle it out would be Roccat, Aces, Dolphins and Dignitas.
As always, the final will be a best of 5 while the rest of the matches will be best of 3, making sure that fans get access to plenty of fun and action.
Cologne 2014 Intel Extreme Master Teams
The following teams will be participating at IEM Cologne 2014 and fight for the prize money as well as the bragging rights between LCS EU and LCS NA:
- Counter Logic Gaming | LCS NA | (invited – bye to Semi-Finals)
- Gambit Gaming | LCS EU | (voted by community – bye to Semi-Finals)
- Team Roccat | LCS EU | (Step in for Fnatic | voted by community)
- Team Dignitas | LCS NA | (voted by community)
- Aces High (qualified)
- Dolphins of Wallstreet (qualified)
The schedule will pretty much tell you who is playing, but if you are too lazy to work that out, the above list should help you narrow your favorite team down. Gambit, Roccat, Dignitas and CLG are well-known teams with appearances in EU and NA LCS respectively, and slots in LCS Season 5, but the 5th and 6th seeds are new faces who deserve an introduction.
Aces High is a Turkish team, being the first Turkish player oriented team. They were recently founded and have not played much competitively till yet, so the IEM Cologne will be a true test of their ability.
Dolphins of Wall Street on the other hand, are lucky they are here in the first place! Moscow five defeated them in the qualifier, but due to visa issues, they could not make it to the IEM Cologne, due to which Dolphins of Wall Street got their seed. It will be certainly worth watching how they fare vs world class teams, and it will leave them with an exceptional experience which they can later make use of.
Prize Money | Results
The 6 Teams at IEM Cologne fight for a total prize money of $ 30,000.
- 1st Place: Gambit Gaming | $ 12,500
- -> qualified for IEM World Championship 2015 (Katowice)
- 2nd Place: Counter Logic Gaming | $6,500
- 3rd and 4th Place: Team Roccat | Team Dignitas | $ 3,500
- 5th and 6th Place: Dolphins of Wallstreet | Aces High $ 2,000
I wouldn’t be worried about the casting team, especially after the talent house that IEM has managed to pack for its visit to Cologne to cast the LoL tournament. Here is the casting team:
- Joe Miller
You can watch the Live Stream of the LoL matches at IEM Cologne 2014 right here on our website. Just click play on the button to start the stream! The red light indicates that the stream is live now!
So rest assured, your casting crew is prepped and ready for these games. However, the question is, Are you?
If not, then you better mark 18th December on your calendar, for you wouldn’t want to miss this dosage of action!
You might also be interested in: